What is meant by painting?
A process of painting the solid surface with the application of paint, color or pigment is called painting. And the person who does this is called a painter. This application of color is done with the help of a brush while some uses airbrushes, sponges and knives.
Where paint is used?
Building and structures that are be effected by water and sun can be protected by painting them. As paint prevents water seeping and make a rot they are using in wooden buildings like houses. It also helps the wood to prevent from drying out in extreme hot sun.
How much painters charge?
A painter may charge average of 380$ – 790$ to paint and the cost depends upon:
- Size of the room
- Height of the ceiling
- Condition of the surfaces of walls
- Price of paint
- It you select a dark color it requires multiple coats to cover imperfections.
- Whether you want ceiling and doors to be done too with walls and trim.
They will cost from 1,000$ to 3,000$ when 1,500 square feet of exterior house is to be painted. According to recent finding the average cost of a painter is $2,581 but people mostly pay from $1,714 to $3,682 to the painters.
How much do painters charge per hour?
Painter who is really professional in his painting will cost around $25 to 100$ per hour. Cost may vary depending upon the experience of a painter.
Here are some Painting jobs a painter does are as follow:
- Industrial painter job
- Paint sprayer job
- Basic painter job
- Painter assistant job
- Painter supervisor job
- Lead painter job
- Apprentice painter job
Qualities of Good house painter: (1)
When you decided to paint your house, after selection of paint you look for the best painter to paint the house. Though it is not an easy task to do but here are some tips that will help you.
- Punctual and curious
Painter you hire must be punctual of time and give proper respect to the client. He must be professional enough to make his client happy
- Good listener and communicator
A good Painter listens to his client carefully and works according to the requirements of the client. He must ask all the questions related to work so he can work according to desire.
He must be perfect in his work and must have good attention to detail.
He must know how to use different skills to make the house look beautiful.
He must be up to date with the latest technologies.
He must be quick and efficient in his work,
His work must be neat and clean.
Types of wall paint and Finishes: (2)
When you choose a color of paint or palette for the improvement of your house, you are one step away from choosing the type of paint you are going to used for your house and it’s a very crucial step. There are number of finishes available but you have to choose the best fitted according to your choice and requirement. Breaking out for the brushes and rollers as the second step for your project after selecting the kind of paint you want. There are basically five types of wall paints and finishes available that are:
- Flat or Matte Paint: flat paints are also called matte paints. Matte paints have very less or no shine. They give the best coverage like no other paint and only few costings are required to cover the imperfections of nail holes. Although they provide best coverage but they are very less durable and get damaged when they are treated with any cleaner. So they are used in no traffic area like your dining rooms and such surfaces that are not touched all the time like ceiling of your house.
- Egg shell: they are the very popular paint finish. They are little lustrous than matte paints, they have low sheen of egg shell. They are able to cover imperfections and they are more durable than matte finishes. But they are not as durable as satin and gloss finishes. They are used in low or medium traffic places such as entryways, hallways and living rooms.
- Satin: they are the most commonly used paint for interior finishes. They are velvety sheen in appearance. They are easy to clean as compare to egg shell and matte finishes. Because of this they are best for using in areas of high traffic like playing rooms for children, kitchen, bathrooms, laundry rooms and family rooms. Before selecting a satin paint you must know that due to its sheen quality they apt to reveal brush stroke unfortunately. They make the touch ups tricky below the line.
- Semi gloss: these paints are shiny and reflective. They are more durable than satin, eggshell and matte paints. They are mildew resistant also. So that’s why they are used in the rooms that have a lot of water and moisture tear like room of your kids, your kitchen and washrooms. They are best for trim. As they provide a glossier finish, so they show more imperfections as compare to other paints.
- High gloss: they are the shiniest paint of all the bunch of paints. They are best durable paints and can be easily washed. They can easily handle daily scrubbing. This type of paints is mostly used for painting doors, trims and cabinets etc. They are also used to interior painting. They are also used on outdoor as well such as on shutters etc. However preparation should be made before using this type of paint finish. This paint can show imperfections when it is not handled carefully and applied incorrectly.
How to find a great painter near you!
It is now very easy to find the cheapest contractor of painter near by just following these tips:
- Check referrals or recommendations for a good house painter
- Check the internet for multiple options
- Do a walk around in your neighborhood
- Check with the paint stores in your area to ask for good recommendation
- Do your comparison of different quotations you got from different contractors
- Walk through your area to note any existing damages before painting
- Consider paying 10% of the job cost while signing the work contract